Family planning clinic
Our family planning clinics offer free, confidential advice and information about contraception and sexual health.
We provide a range of services including:
- Confidential advice about contraception
- The combined oral contraceptive pill
- The Progestogen-only pill
- Progestogen injections
- Confidential advice about STIs
- Cervical screening
- Unplanned pregnancy advice
- Pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information
Please book an appointment (through reception or via our online services) with your GP to discuss any of the above in more detail.
There is a clinic run the Caryl Thomas Clinic in Wealdon, full information can be found here.
For more information please visit the NHS website
A range of sexual health services are offered at the surgery including:
- Contraception and contraception advice
- Emergency contraception and emergency contraception advice
If you need advice and support with a sexual health matter or you think you have a problem you would like to discuss, please make an appointment with your GP.
Sexual health services are freely available for everyone.
For more information please visit the websites below:
- Family Planning Association: Sexual Health Advice
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- NHS Choices – Sexual Health Topics
If you’ve forgotten to take your pill, your condom split or you’ve had unprotected sex in the last 72 hours then you may need emergency contraception, and the sooner you take it the better.
Emergency contraception is available free from Contraception and Sexual Health Services, some GPs (family doctors) and most pharmacies (chemists), even if you’re under 16.
If you’ve had unprotected sex or your condom failed, it is also really important to consider your risk for sexually transmitted infections and to think about your long-term contraception needs. Please phone the surgery to book an emergency appointment.
If you are planning to have a baby or you need to know more information about how to look after yourself and your unborn baby, please book an appointment with your GP.
We can provide you with all the information you need to know to have a happy and healthy pregnancy.